When we are ageing, not everything in our face looks as nice as it did when we were younger. Our hair is getting grey, our skin is getting dry, and even our lips are thinning and losing its colors.
However, even if your lip color has changed, you don’t have to resort to lip fillers and lip injections to make them appear fuller like they were. You can try these lip tips that might work well on you:
• If you want to slough off any dead skin in your lips, try buffing your lips gently with a cotton bud soaked in eye makeup remover.
• Use a conditioning lip balm that can moisturize your lips as well as protect it from any danger.
• Use a lip liner or a fine lip brush to routine your lips. Simply draw the line just outside your natural contours to achieve a fuller lip look. You can also use concealer to draw around the edge of your lips if you are not comfortable using lip brush or lip liner. This will also help your lips to make appear fuller.
• Always choose light to medium colors even if fashion calls for dark lip colors.
• You can highlight the center of your lips or you can add a dab of lip-gloss right in the middle. This process can catch the light and enhance your pout.
• Some people prefer to use lip-gloss over lipstick so if you do, choose a lip-gloss with a rosy tone to enhance your natural lip color. Make sure that you don’t apply it outside your natural lip line.
- When choosing a new lipstick, don’t try it on top of another one to get a true idea of the color. You should not be testing it on your hands, as your skin color is very different from your lip color. If you don’t prefer to test the color on your lips, try it on your fingertips, where the skin is closer in color.