The pressure of looking good is now greater than ever. Blame it to our society and mass media that tends to focus on the outer beauty. It is no wonder why the beauty industry is booming. People spend hundreds even thousands of dollars on skin care, beauty treatments and surgery hoping to find the so called “fountain of youth” while aging is inevitable there are simple ways that you can do in order to slow down the process of aging and give you healthy glow without hurting your pocket.
1. Hit the gym or the exercise matWorking up a sweat and getting your heart rate up has a lot more benefits than the bag of chips that you are munching on. Exercise helps to flush out unwanted toxins in the body plus gives you an overall healthy glow that radiates from within. More so, having an active lifestyle releases endorphins also called as the “happy hormones” into your system. This makes you feel happier and positive about life.
2. Water, water, waterIt may sound lame but water REALLY does create wonders onto your skin and body. Even if you are not thirsty, your body needs water. Water helps hydrate your skin, making it feel softer and smoother and plays a role in flushing out the toxins inside your body. So apart from external moisturizers, get hydrated from the inside with at least 8–10 glasses of water a day.
3. Know your skin typeKnowing the exact type of your skin is imperative in having a healthy and beautiful skin. These will tell you about what sort of products to buy and items that you need to stay away from. People with dry skin types have small to invisible pores. They tend to breakout less and have flakiness in their skin. Ladies with combination skin have an oily T-zones and dry areas on their cheeks. Oily skin types usually have bigger pores on their nose and forehead. They tend to break out more often and their face looks as if they need to use a blotting paper every now and then. Once you have determined your skin type, find the right skin care regimen for you and stick with it.
4. Eat a well balanced diet“You are what you eat”. If you eat junk foods every chance you get, you can say hello to dull and oily skin. Having 6–8 servings of vegetables and fruits everyday helps keep those pesky pimples at bay. You will also find yourself naturally glowing from within if you are eating the right foods. You should stock up on fruits and veggies in your fridge to make the modification of your eating habits much easier if these foods are readily accessible.
5. Have enough sleepThe number of required sleep hours varies from person to person but what is important is that you are able to get some uninterrupted sleep. Don’t you just love the feeling of looking all fresh and glowy after a good night’s sleep? Our body repairs itself while you are off to dreamland and so to help you get some quality rest, you need to avoid caffeinated foods and drinks such as coffee, tea and chocolate. You can also pray or meditate in order to calm your mind, body and soul.
Originally published at msbizpas.weebly.com.