Getting Fit At Home
Exercise doesn’t have to happen in a fitness center or club. You can pick to exercise in the comfort, convenience, and privacy of your own home or neighborhood.
The key is to do something! Doing anything is better than nothing!
Locating the Time for Exercise
• Find the time — for one week write down where you spend your time, you must be able to find points that could be changed to free a bit of time everyday.
• Start by increasing your daily activity — walk to the post office or store, take the baby or the dog for a walk, take a walk up and down the stairs for that coffee break, walk on your lunch break, if you sit most of the day get out of your chair every 20 minutes and move around the office, garden.
• Schedule an appointment to exercise — people who workout in the morning are often more likely to stick to their programs because work and family obligations are less likely to interfere, schedule a time that works best for you and stick to it!
• Exercise while waiting — for the children to complete their piano lesson, soccer practice etc.
• Consider purchasing home exercise equipment — prior to deciding to invest be certain you will use it. Durable equipment is not inexpensive!
• Be sure to take turns giving your meaningful other or friend a break to workout — by watching the children or sitting with a member of your family that can’t be left alone.
- Make exercise a high priority — when getting in shape is your goal you have to make exercise a priority to reach that goal.