One of the most healthful foods is spread in a fine film over most of the surface of the earth, invisible to the naked eye. Everything humans need to live in good health already exists naturally on the earth. Ancient humans, Aztecs, Mayans, tribal Africans, the largest mammals (whales) and other intuitively intelligent animals have long been aware of this natural life-giving food source.
The plant cells in this film are called algae. These little organisms are miniature factories, turning out amazing amounts for nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, protein and enzymes. They contain more nutrition, per weight, than anything you can eat, including bee pollen — the most nutritionally dense land-based food.
There are several types of algae, one of which is blue-green algae. Some facts:
- This alga contains a higher concentration of chlorophyll than any other known plant and is very high in RNA and DNA.
- It is a complete protein food, containing large amounts of beta-carotene (vitamin A), all the B vitamins, vitamin C and E and many minerals in high enough amounts to be considered supplementary amounts.
- The protein yield is greater than soybeans, corn or beef.
- It contains GLA, a very important essential fatty acid and a precursor to the body’s master hormones.
- It is effective in eliminating heavy metals, such as lead, mercury, copper and cadmium.
A second alga, the original green superfood, is Spirulina:
- Its makeup is 71% protein, 17% carbohydrates and 7% fats.
- It is an easily produced alga with the ability to grow in both ocean and inland waters and in extreme environments that are useless for conventional agriculture.
- It can be cultivated on small-scale community farms, doubling its biomass every two to five days
- It grows in such a variety of climates and growing conditions that it could significantly improve the nutrition for local populations currently on the brink of starvation.
- Research has shown that Spirulina alone could double the protein (complete protein) available to humanity on a fraction of the world’s land. Acre for acre, Spirulina yields 20 times more protein than soybeans and 400 times more protein than beef.
All these two alga:
- Stimulate the immune system
- Improve digestion
- Detoxify the body
- Enhance growth and tissue repair
- Accelerate healing
- Protect against radiation
- Help prevent degenerative disease
- Promote longer life
- Strengthen the liver — the body’s major detoxifying organ
- Have a beneficial effect on arthritis and hypertension.
Their most important benefits seem to come from a combination of molecules that biochemists call the Controlled Growth Factor, a unique composition that provides a noticeable increase in sustained energy and immune health when eaten regularly.
Drs. Christiaan Janssens
CRO Akwa Wellness
Lembi, C.A.; Waaland, J.R. (1988). Algae and Human Affairs. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Starckx, Senne (31 October 2012) A place in the sun — Algae is the crop of the future, according to researchers in Geel Archived September 5, 2013.